Inspired by the appetizer that my husband and I order nearly every time we go to California Pizza Kitchen.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 oz shrimp
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- Fresh Lime juice from 1 lime
- 1 1/2 T brown sugar
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pink lady apple, finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, finely chopped
- Approx 6 leaves of iceberg lettuce
- bean sprout as topping/garnish
- Chop the chicken in to very small pieces. If desired, cut shrimp as well.
- Mix soy sauce, ginger, lime juice, brown sugar, oil, and vinegar in a large mixing bowl. Add chicken (and shrimp) and let marinate for at least 10 minutes
- In a large pan, saute onions with a bit of olive oil, adding chicken when the onions first start to sweat
- If cooking shrimp separately, saute in butter for 5-10 minutes
- When chicken is cooked about halfway through, add cucumber and apple and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink
- Scoop into lettuce, add bean sprouts, and roll like a tortilla. Enjoy!